Criminal/Social Justice, B.A.
To Serve and Protect. There is perhaps no calling more noble.
If you are motivated by a sense of justice and service to others, Lewis University is the ideal place for you to develop the skills necessary for a meaningful and impactful career in law enforcement. Our comprehensive approach will expertly prepare you for leadership roles in all facets of the criminal justice and legal system, including police, probation, corrections, judge, homeland security, FBI, CIA and more.
One of the distinct features of a Lewis education is that you will also gain a deep understanding and insight into some of today's most complex issues in law enforcement – domestic violence, drug abuse, community and race relations, recidivism and terrorism.
40+ regional Police Chiefs are Lewis alumni, including:
Why Lewis for your Criminal/Social Justice Degree?
- Philip Cline - Former Superintendent of the Chicago Police Force
- Charles Ramsey – Retired Police Commissioner of the Philadelphia Police Department
- Timothy McCarthy – Orland Park Chief of Police and former U.S. Secret Service Agent
Possible Career Options Include:
- Largest program among private institutions in Illinois
- Dedicated faculty with real-world understanding and connections
- Evolving curriculum provides you with modern day techniques and career-focused knowledge
- Advanced skill training necessary to pursue careers in law enforcement and the legal system
- An ethical framework to help you face the moral challenges that come from a position of responsibility and influence
- An in-depth understanding of our legal system and the sociological aspects of crime
- CIA agent
- Corrections officer
- Court reporter
- DEA agent
- Deputy Sheriff
- Deputy U.S. Marshal
- FBI agent
- Forensic evidence technician
- Immigration & Customs (ICE) agent
- Police dispatcher
- Police officer
- Probation officer
- Private investigator
- Security professional
- Secret Service agent
Adult Student/Sworn Officer Track
We also offer a unique curriculum option for the convenience and skill level of sworn officers who are looking to add a degree to their resume in order to move up the ranks in their field. With convenient evening courses at our satellite locations including Chicago, Hickory Hills, Oak Brook and the Chicago Police Academy, this track offers the much-needed flexibility of those currently working in law enforcement
Fast-Track Master’s in Criminal/Social Justice Option
College Transfer Guides for Adult Student/Sworn Officer
Start customizing your Criminal/Social Justice program curriculum today!
For those students looking to earn their Master's in Criminal/Social Justice, a fast-track your graduate degree enables students to earn a Master's in 18 months or less, with only 27 additional credit hours (rather than the standard 36).
Charles H. Ramsey ’90,’91
Former Commissioner Philadelphia Police Dept.
"All of us here know that it's very difficult if not impossible to achieve success without some level of support."
"The professors have been fantastic - fantastic credentials. Their experience makes a big difference when considering which profession you'd like to go in. It's a big field. There are many different opportunities available."
"I chose Criminal/Social Justice as my major because I was in the military, and I wanted to do something along those lines and stay within that field."
"I have not met one professor that hasn't had firsthand experience. They are always open to talk about what they went through. I was able to get an internship - because they have so many connections with law enforcement."
Please visit myLewis portal for more frequently used forms under the Student Account tab.