Adult Undergraduate Admission Requirements
- Completed Application Form
- Official high school transcript or GED score
- ACT or SAT test results
- $40 application fee
Adult students should have some combination of the following requirements for admission to an accelerated program. If you do not meet these requirements, please contact us to evaluate your situation.
Graduate Admission Requirements
- earned a minimum of 30 semester hours of transferable credit at a regionally accredited post-secondary institution which includes College Writing I (or equivalent);
- earned a minimum of 2.0 (4.0 scale) cumulative transfer grade point average (GPA) (higher for some majors) based upon all transferable courses;
- demonstrate evidence of significant work experience or military training; and
- write a personal statement outlining a plan for achieving success in an adult accelerated program at Lewis University.
Degree candidates must have:
Note: Specific graduate programs have additional requirements:
Additional GSM Program Requirements
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Complete an application for graduate admission, including a non-refundable application fee.
- Submit official transcripts from each college/university attended.
- Undergraduate GPA ≥ 3.0 (conditional admission available to those with GPA < 3.0 (Effective for fall 2013)
- Submit a professional resume.
- Provide two recommendation forms, available here or by phone at (815) 836-5348.
- Complete an admission checklist.
Lewis' MBA program is open to all candidates with strong leadership potential, regardless of undergraduate background.
International Graduate Student Requirements
- Degree Candidates
A student who has an undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or above (Effective for fall 2013) OR a post-graduate degree from an accredited university, has submitted all appropriate admission documents and received official documents of his/her acceptance from the Graduate School of Management.
A student whose cumulative undergraduate GPA is less than 3.00 will be required to take three specified foundation level courses and obtain a cumulative GPA of 3.33 after the completion of these courses on their first attempt. No further courses will be allowed if the GPA requirement is not met.
- Visiting Students
An applicant with an undergraduate bachelor's degree may enroll for MBA courses and seminars as a visiting student with the approval of the MBA Program Director. A visiting student may take a maximum of six graduate credit hours and must have:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Submitted a completed application form with the appropriate non-refundable application fee.
- An official transcript from each college/university sent directly to the MBA Admissions Committee of the Graduate School of Management.
- An admission checklist with a Graduate School of Management advisor.
- Official evaluation of transcripts (detailed/course-by-course report) evaluated by One Earth Evaluations, WES, ECE, or Educational Perspectives
- GPA of 3.00 or above (Effective for fall 2013)
- English proficiency - TOEFL: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, & 79 internet-based; or IELTS: 6.0
- Current resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- Affidavit of Support from all financial sponsors
- Original bank statement from sponsors
- Please contact Claudia Alves, Asst. Dir. For International Admissions, at email@example.com or visit the International Admissions page.