Graduate Course Catalog 2009-2011
EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP FOR TEACHING AND LEARNING/DOCTOR OF EDUCATION
Total Credit Hours: 60
Candidates seeking a doctoral degree must fulfill the following requirements:
- Hold at minimum a masterís degree in an educationally-related field from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Five years of teaching/administrative experience preferred.
- Complete a graduate application form.
- Complete a written essay on a topic identified by the College of Education.
- Submit Graduate Record Examination scores (valid within last 5 years).
- Submit two letters of recommendation from professors, employers, or advisors.
- Submit complete official transcripts from all institutions previously attended.
- Complete a personal interview.
See complete admission requirements in College of Education introduction.
Candidates enrolled in the doctoral program can earn a Type 75 General Administrative Certificate with four additional classes.
Candidates enrolled in the doctoral program can earn a Superintendent Endorsement with three additional classes.
For information regarding these certificates, see the Ed.D. Program Director.
The Ed.D. Cohort will begin its study in the fall semester. During that semester, one of the classes will be held one night/week for three hours. The other class will be held every other Saturday for six hours. Summer classes will be offered in an intensive two-week session as well as six- and eight-week sessions.
Course SequenceSEMESTER ONEFall51-750 Introduction to Doctoral Studies (3)51-760 History of American Education (3)Spring51-715 Ethical and Moral Studies in Education (3)51-722 Ethical and Moral Studies in Education (3)Summer51-737 Curriculum Theory (3)51-731 Critical Pedagogy and Assessment (3)SEMESTER TWOFall51-735 Qualitative Inquiry (3)51-725 Conceptualizing and Designing Research (3)Spring51-745 Program Evaluation (3)51-723 Theories of Cultural Difference in Education (3)Summer51-765 Quantitative Inquiry (3)51-738 Critical Perspectives in School Law (3)SEMESTER THREEFall51-743 Topics in Globalization and Education (3)51-758 Economics Theories in Education (3)Spring51-757 Policy Studies in Education (3)51-747 Organizational Theory (3)Summer51-746 Theories of Institutional Transformatino (3)51-775 Dissertation Seminar (3)