DEGREE PROGRAMS FOR: DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP CERTIFICATES OF ADVANCED STUDY
The Certificate of Advanced Study degree at Lewis University offers the educator who already possesses a masterís level degree the opportunity for advanced coursework. Two separate course sequences are available, each offering a comprehensive theoretical and practical program. The General Administrative sequence provides the knowledge base for building principals and leads to the Type 75 Principalís Certificate.
The Superintendent Endorsement is an accelerated course sequence which provides skills and insights required for central office leaders and leads to the Superintendent Endorsement on the Type 75 Certificate.
Credits accepted for transfer into the Certificate of Advanced Study Program (maximum of six) must be hours beyond the masterís degree. No hours earned toward the Type 75 Principalís Certificate may be accepted toward the Superintendent Endorsement requirements.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE ENDORSEMENT
See pages 88-89 for complete admission requirements.
1. Masterís level degree from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Valid initial or standard Illinois Teaching (Type 03, 04, 09, 10) or School Service Personnel (Type 73) Certificate.
3. Two years of teaching or School Service Personnel experience.
4. Fulfillment of Survey of Exceptional Child requirement (105 ILCS 5/21-2a).
5. Submission of Writing Sample accepted by faculty.
6. Successful completion of the Illinois Certification Basic Skills Test.
Course of study: 30 credit hours, 100 clinical hours required.