ACCOUNTANCY (ACCELERATED)/BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
Total Credit Hours: 128
Major Credit Hours: 64
This program is only available to Albuquerque students. The School for Professional and Continuing Education provides adult students an opportunity to complete a college degree with a learner-centered, accelerated delivery format compatible with their needs and lifestyles.
Most 3 semester credit hour courses are completed in five- or eight-week sessions. The academic focus is on the integration of theory and practice emphasizing application, analysis and synthesis through collaborative learning experiences. Through small class size, group interaction and one's unique life experiences, the classroom becomes a dynamic environment in which each student is an active participant.
Lewis faculty are prepared as teachers, scholars, researchers and practitioners. In the adult classroom, they serve as coaches, role models and facilitators. Each holds a Master’s or Doctoral degree, providing a rich blend of academic knowledge in their discipline with practical, professional experience.
The College of Business has three comprehensive purposes:
1. to help students understand the function of business in the development and stability of local, national and international societies;
2. to assist students in their mastery of the knowledge and skill necessary for careers in business; and
3. to instill in business graduates capabilities for quality decision-making and leadership, with an ethical sensitivity and sense of justice and social responsibility.
PROGRAM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
Applicants should be at least 24 years of age; have earned a minimum of 12 semester (18 quarters) hours of transferable credit at a regionally accredited post-secondary institution; have earned a minimum of a 2.0 (4.0 scale) cumulative transfer GPA, based on all transferable courses to be considered for admission; and have at least 3 years of full-time work experience. Credits earned through PLA cannot be used for satisfying the transfer credit hour requirement for admission into an accelerated degree program. Business course grades of "C" or higher will be accepted for transfer into the major.
DEGREE REQUIREMENTS FOR BS IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
• Successful completion of a minimum of 128 semester credit hours.
• Completion of final 32 semester graded credit hours at Lewis University including four upper division foundation courses and/or major courses (12 semester credit hours.)
• Achievement of an overall grade point average of at least 2.00 (“C”) for all courses taken at Lewis University and a 2.20 average for the foundation and major area courses.