DEGREE PROGRAMS FOR: HEALTHCARE LEADERSHIP
The Bachelor of Arts degree in Healthcare Leadership is an interdisciplinary program that prepares healthcare providers for professional careers and leadership roles within dynamic healthcare organizations. To achieve this goal, the program draws from several academic disciplines, including communication, healthcare administration, business and the social sciences to provide learners with a holistic and humanistic approach to values-centered leadership. This values-centered approach integrates leadership theories with ethical behavior within the context of the healthcare organization’s values. In an era of increased financial constraints and regulatory demands, values-centered leadership provides organizations and their members with a sound foundation for professional practice. This foundation serves to balance the environmental demands and increase the effectiveness of healthcare teams in today’s service-oriented, multicultural healthcare system.
The graduate of the Healthcare Leadership Program will be able to:
• Organize ideas in a way that optimizes communication among healthcare providers and patients.
• Work effectively in multicultural healthcare teams to achieve coordination of care.
• Develop healthcare solutions consistent with moral and ethical principles.
• Use creative problem solving techniques.
• Evaluate the impact of access, cost and quality factors on healthcare delivery.
• Analyze the effectiveness of current healthcare policy in meeting desired outcomes.
• Compare the U.S. healthcare system with healthcare systems in other countries.
• Demonstrate individual and team leadership skills.